Free Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop To Be Held In St. Louis, Missouri04/2007
On Saturday, April 28, 2007, ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association will offer a FREE one-day workshop for thyroid cancer survivors, their families, caregivers, and friends. This educational and supportive event will take place from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the David C. Pratt Cancer Center, St John’s Mercy Cancer Center, 615 South New Ballas Road, St. Louis, Missouri.
The ThyCa St. Louis Thyroid Cancer Support Group has organized the free educational and supportive workshop. Attendees may register on site at the workshop.
This free day is open to people at all phases of testing, treatment, and follow-up for thyroid cancer, the fastest increasing cancer, as well as their caregivers and everyone interested in learning about thyroid cancer. Featured speakers include:
- James R. Etzkorn, M.D., Endocrinologist, St. Louis, Missouri, graduate of St. Louis University Medical School, Fellowship at Harvard Medical School
- Christopher M. Wolken, D.D.S., Dentist, St. Louis, Missouri
- Teresa L. Deshields, Ph.D., Psychologist, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Washington University St. Louis Medical School, Missouri
- Mary K. Debenedetti, R.N., B.S.N., Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Coordinator and Nurse Coordinator for Jeffrey F. Moley, M.D., Washington University St. Louis School of Medicine, Missouri
- Amy Siesennop, R.N., Pharmaceutical Clinical Trial Coordinator, St. John’s Mercy Medical Center, David C. Pratt Cancer Center, St. Louis, Missouri
Presentations and question-and-answer sessions will cover thyroid cancer treatment, lifelong monitoring, research advances, dental issues and radioactive iodine, clinical trials, and patient-physician communications. The day also includes survivor/caregiver support group roundtables.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is a national nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization providing person-to-person support, support groups, the free downloadable Low-Iodine Cookbook, free online newsletter, awareness materials, free one-day workshops, and other resources to thyroid cancer survivors, their families, and the public at no charge. ThyCa also funds thyroid cancer research grants, sponsors Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month in September, and will hold the 10th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference in San Francisco, California, on October 19-21, 2007.
For more information, visit www.thyca.org, write PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545, call toll-free to 877-588-7904, fax to 630-604-6078, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.