Eight Medical Professionals To Speak at Free Mid-Atlantic Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop on Saturday, May 12, 2012, in Silver Spring, Maryland05/2012
The 11th Annual Mid-Atlantic Regional Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop, featuring 8 medical professional speakers, will be held on Saturday, May 12, 2012, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Holy Cross Hospital, 1500 Forest Glen Road, Silver Spring, MD, in the First Floor Professional and Community Education Center off the main lobby. This free event is sponsored by the nonprofit ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. (www.thyca.org) and is open to everyone interested in thyroid cancer.
- Andrew J. Bauer, M.D., Endocrinologist, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, and The Thyroid Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Jacqueline Jonklaas, M.D., Endocrinologist, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Arjun Joshi, M.D., Otolaryngologist, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Gigi Meinecke, D.M.D., F.A.G.D., Dentist, University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Baltimore, MD
- Katy Pincus, Pharm.D., B.C.P.S., Pharmacist, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD
- Ralph P. Tufano, M.D., Otolaryngologist, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD
- Vijay M Varma, M.D., Nuclear Medicine Physician, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Rockville, MD
- Jason Wexler, M.D., Endocrinologist, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
The workshop is a free day of education and support for people at all stages of thyroid cancer testing, treatment, and follow-up. Caregivers, friends, and everyone interested are invited to come and learn from experts and learn and share with other thyroid cancer survivors and families.
Program topics include Thyroid Cancer Questions & Answers, Follow-Up in the First Year and Over Your Lifetime, Surgery, Using I-131, Thyrogen, Thyroid Cancer in Children and Teens, Coping with a Recent Diagnosis, Dental Issues, Thyroid Hormone Replacement and Other Medication Issues, Support Group Roundtables, Coping Skills, and Complementary Approaches to Well-Being. Resource tables with free educational and support materials will be available to attendees.
Attendees may come for part or all of the day. Register either on our website, or onsite on the day of the workshop. For more information, e-mail Washington_DC@thyca.org or email@example.com or phone 301-493-8810. Visit ThyCa’s web site www.thyca.org for further details about the speakers, program, and meeting rooms.
The workshop is hosted and organized by ThyCa Baltimore Support Group, ThyCa Northern Virginia Support Group, ThyCa Rockville Support Group, and ThyCa Washington, DC Support Group.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. www.thyca.org is an international nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals. For more information e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org; write to: PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545; call toll-free: 1-877-588-7904; or visit our website.