Mid-Atlantic Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Spring Workshop Features Nine Physician Speakers03/2005
Free Event Will Take Place in Baltimore, Maryland, on Saturday, April 16, 2005
Sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association
On Saturday, April 16, 2005, thyroid cancer survivors and their families are invited to attend a one-day workshop from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott Hotel, 700 Aliceanna Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202. Sponsor is ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc..
This educational and supportive event is FREE and open to people at all stages of testing and treatment for all types of thyroid cancer, as well as their families, friends, and caregivers.
The nine physician presenters come from Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, and France. They include:
- Gary L. Francis, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Md.;
- Matthew I. Kim, M.D., Endocrinologist, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md.;
- Richard T. Kloos, M.D., Endocrinologist, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio;
- Steven K. Libutti, M.D., Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.;
- Donald Margouleff, M.D., Nuclear Medicine Physician, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, N.Y.;
- Gregory W. Randolph, M.D., Surgeon, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Mass.;
- Matthew D. Ringel, M.D., Endocrinologist, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio; and
- Martin Schlumberger, M.D., Medullary Specialist, Service de Médecine Nucléaire, France.
The physicians will speak and answer questions about all phases of thyroid cancer care, as well as research advances related to thyroid cancer. The day also includes a session led by social worker Joy Paul, L.C.S.W., and survivor/caregiver support group roundtables led by ThyCa volunteers.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is a voluntary nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization providing support services, resources, and publications, free of charge, to thyroid cancer survivors and their families. ThyCa also sponsors Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month and an annual international Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Conference.
For more information about the free workshop and the other free support services and annual conference provided by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, call 301-493-8810 or toll-free 1-877-588-7904, e-mail to Washington_DC@thyca.org or email@example.com, or visit the web site.