You have expressed your interest in becoming a ThyCa Person to Person Network volunteer. Thank you! As a volunteer and a thyroid cancer survivor (or spouse, partner, parent or friend of a thyroid cancer survivor), you are willing to share your experiences related to thyroid cancer with others with thyroid cancer that may ask that you contact them.
While we do not require you to be a member of ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, we certainly encourage you to join ThyCa.
Please provide the following information in an email so we will know how best to match you:
- Your Name
- Mailing address, including City, Province, State, Country
- E-mail Address
- Telephone # for return call
- Year of birth
- Languages you can speak
- Languages you can read and write
- Any previous volunteer involvement in ThyCa? If so, please describe.
- Indicate if you'd like to be contacted by the ThyCa Volunteer Coordinator
- When were you diagnosed with thyroid cancer?
- What type of thyroid cancer was diagnosed?
- Surgeries related to thyroid cancer to date? What hospital and city?
- Treatments related to thyroid cancer to date? What hospital and city?
- Would you be willing to communicate with people with thyroid cancer regardless of their location?
- Would you be willing to communicate with people with thyroid cancer regardless of gender?
After the ThyCa Person to Person Volunteer Coordinator receives your information, you will receive a copy of the ThyCa Volunteer Enrollment Agreement. This agreement must be signed and on file before you can participate in this program.
In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator or another ThyCa representative will contact you for further discussion and to answer any questions you may have. You will also receive further guidelines on how the Person to Person Network volunteers can best support those who request our services.
Please send this information to the email address below according to thyroid cancer type. We will try and contact you within 48 hours of receiving your information. Again, thank you very much for your willingness to support other people who are living with thyroid cancer. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Papillary Thyroid Cancer: email@example.com
- Variants including Papillary-follicular variant, Tall cell, Hurthle cell, Insular or any combination of thyroid cancer types: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follicular Thyroid Cancer and any variants: email@example.com
- Medullary Thyroid Cancer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer: email@example.com