Saturday, April 22, 2006
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
O'Keefe Auditorium, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA
Hear presentations by physician specialists, and receive answers to your questions. Learn and share with other thyroid cancer survivors and families. This educational and supportive day is for people at all stages of testing, treatment, and follow-up for thyroid cancer. We also welcome caregivers, friends, and everyone interested.
- William C. Faquin, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, and Pathologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Stephanie L. Lee, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Endocrinology, Boston University; Director of Endocrine Clinics, Boston Medical Center; and Member, ThyCa Medical Advisory Council
- Elizabeth N. Pearce, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, and Endocrinologist, Boston Medical Center
- Gregory W. Randolph, M.D., Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Harvard Medical School; Director, General Otolaryngology Service, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary; Director, Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgical Service, Endocrine Surgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Cytopathology and Understanding Basic Types of Thyroid Cancer
- Management and Follow-up of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
- Use of Ultrasound Technology in the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Thyroid Cancer
- Surgical Issues: Initial Surgery, Neck Dissection, Voice Issues, Surgery for Metastatic Disease
Note: For FREE parking in any of the three hospital parking garages, have your parking ticket validated with a sticker at our registration table.
|9:30 am||Welcome and Introductions|
|9:45-10:45 am||Cytopathology of Thyroid Cancer
William C. Faquin M.D., Ph.D.
|11:00 am-noon||Management and Follow-up of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
Stephanie L. Lee M.D., Ph.D.
|12:00-1:30 pm||Lunch in hospital cafeteria or nearby restaurants in walking distance.|
|1:30-2:30 pm||Use of Ultrasound Technology in Diagnosis and Monitoring of Thyroid Cancer
Elizabeth N. Pearce M.D.
|2:45-3:45 pm||Surgery for Thyroid Cancer
Gregory W. Randolph M.D.
For public transportation and driving directions, visit this web page:
Sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc., and co-sponsored by Massachusetts General Hospital
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc.
An all-volunteer nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals.
PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545
Please tell others about this free event.