Editors: Douglas Van Nostrand, M.D., Leonard Wartofsky, M.D., Gary Bloom, & Kanchan Kulkarni, M.B.B.S.
Expanded by 33% to 434 pages. 40 Authors. 40 Chapters. Large format.
More than 80 tables, checklists, and illustrations.
Keystone Press, 2010.
Excerpts Below by Seven Physicians
About the Second Edition, 2010
- 40 authors, including 32 distinguished medical professionals in centers in United States and Canada, plus thyroid cancer survivors and a caregiver.
- Forewords by Ernest L. Mazzaferri, M.D., Endocrinologist, Past President, American Thyroid Association, and R. Michael Tuttle, M.D., Endocrinologist, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
- Authors include endocrinologists, surgeons, nuclear medicine physicians, radiologists, and specialists in pathology, public health, research, and mental health. Authors include 3 past presidents of the American Thyroid Association, past president of The Endocrine Society, and faculty at medical schools and medical education programs in USA and Canada.
- New chapters focus on thyroid cancer in pregnancy, variants of well-differentiated thyroid cancer (tall cell, insular, columnar, Hurthle cell, etc.), thyroid cancer in pregnancy, include re-operative thyroid surgery, management of bone metastasis, and many other topics.
- Contents Authors and Editors
- Foreword to Second Edition by R. Michael Tuttle, M.D.
“This book provides easily understandable, clear, concise, answers to nearly all of the common questions that patients ask me in the office, on follow-up phone calls, and at survivorship conferences… This book will provide the information necessary for you to help your physicians optimize and customize many aspects of the journey for your individual situation.”
— R. Michael Tuttle, M.D., Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
“Patients and their loved ones will find this an authoritative, up-to-date and practical guide for overcoming the physical and emotional challenges posed by thyroid cancer.”
— Paul W. Ladenson, M.D., Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions; Past President, American Thyroid Association
Proceeds from orders sent by ThyCa help support our free education and support services, outreach, and thyroid cancer research grants. ThyCa volunteers mail the book by priority mail.
From the Second Edition:
Foreword by Ernest L. Mazzaferri, M.D., Past President, American Thyroid Association.
Reprinted with permission.
Note: There is a separate order form for ThyCa Spirit Items such as pins, shirts, and tote bags. For the Spirit Items form, click here.