Free Thyroid Cancer Education Dinner Symposium To Be Held on Monday, May 2, 2011, in Chicago, Illinois05/2011
On Monday, May 2, 2011, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., a Free Thyroid Cancer Public Education Symposium and dinner will be held in Chicago, Illinois, at McGaw Pavilion - Daniel Hale Williams Auditorium, 240 East Huron Street, 2nd Floor (Room 2-320), Chicago, Illinois. A boxed dinner will be provided to all pre-registered attendees.
This free program is offered by Northwestern University’s Robert Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center and ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association. The event welcomes people at all phases of testing, treatment, and follow-up for thyroid cancer, as well as their caregivers and everyone interested in learning about thyroid cancer.
Topics and physician speakers from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine include
- Detection and Initial Treatment — Dina Elaraj, M.D., Assistant Professor, Division of Endocrine Surgey
- Surgery for Advanced Thyroid Cancer —Jose Dutra, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostics — Gary Dillehay, M.D., Professor, Department of Nuclear Medicine
- Screening and Treatment for Recurrent Thyroid Cancer — Cord Sturgeon, M.D., Assistant Professor, Division of Endocrine Surgery
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement, Long-term Surveillance, and New Forms of Therapy for Advanced Disease — Peter Kopp, M.D., Associate Professor, Division of Endocrinology
The physicians are specialists at Northwestern University. In addition, Jessica Brunner, ThyCa Chicago Thyroid Cancer Support Group Facilitator, will provide free information materials on thyroid cancer and the free support groups, one-to-one support services, and resources of ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association.
For more details and to register, go to www.cancer.northwestern.edu/public/programs_events/events/2011/05_may/thyroid.cfm
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is a national nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization providing person-to-person support, support groups, the free downloadable Low-Iodine Cookbook, free online newsletter, information packets, awareness materials, free one-day workshops, and many more resources to thyroid cancer survivors, their families, and the public at no charge.
ThyCa also funds thyroid cancer research grants, sponsors Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month in September, and will hold the 14th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference in Los Angeles, California, on October 14-16, 2011.
For more information, visit our website, write PO Box 1102, Olney, MD 20830-1102, call toll-free to 877-588-7904, fax to 630-604-6078, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.