THE CONFERENCE HOTEL
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
3203 Quebec Street
Denver, CO, USA 80207
Web Site: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/colorado/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-denver-RLDV-DT/index.html
Our Conference Hotel is conveniently located 20 minutes from the Denver International Airport and also has easy access to numerous area attractions.
Parking at the hotel is free.
Amenities include Free Airport Transportation to and from the hotel, free wireless high-speed Internet access, free local telephone calls, and a fitness center.
All rooms have a flat-screen television with cable, plus coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and individual control of heating and air conditioning. This is a non-smoking hotel.
ROOM RATES AND MAKING YOUR RESERVATION
We are pleased to announce the Special Sleeping Room Rate for Conference attendees:
- $89 plus tax for single and double occupancy
- $99 plus tax for triple occupancy
- $109 plus tax for quadruple occupancy
This special room rate applies for these nights: October 14-21, 2014
Please make your reservations well in advance of the conference, to be sure to get the special rate. The Doubletree will guarantee the $89/$99/$109 room rate for rooms reserved by October 1, 2014.
To reserve a room at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, using the online reservation form, please click here or call the hotel directly at 303-321-3333 and ask to make a reservation for the “ThyCa” room block. Please confirm you get the special room rate.
If you have any difficulty in making your room reservation, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEALS AT THE HOTEL
You have these choices:
- Lunch Tickets (or purchase lunch tickets on the Conference Registration form). Each ticket costs $10 and provides a sandwich only.
- Hotel dining options include:
- Character’s Sport Bar is open for dinner and features pool tables, great food, and a big screen television.
- Starbucks is open almost all day and offers to-go deli items including breakfast breads, salads, and other refreshments.
- The Café Restaurant is open almost all day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and features the Doubletree breakfast Buffet.
- The Lobby Lounge is open for dinner and has light snacks.
- In-Room Dining is available as well.
Special Evening Events During the Conference
- Friday Evening. Join us Friday evening for our welcome and get together from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the hotel. Have snacks and enjoy informal conversation with new and old friends.
- Friday night is also a time when people get together for dinner, at the hotel or nearby. Some people create signup sheets in Conference Central to get together with people from their area, or to get together with people with a similar thyroid cancer diagnosis, or for some other reason. Dinner time is a great opportunity to get to know some of the wonderful people at the conference. Make friends to keep in touch with after you go back home.
- Saturday Evening. An option for Saturday evening is ThyCa’s Annual Dinner/Auction Fundraiser for Research, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., to support ThyCa’s Thyroid Cancer Research Grants. This is a wonderful evening of fellowship while supporting research. Reserve your space either on the Conference Registration Form, or on the special Dinner/Auction Form. Both are on the web site. Tickets for the Dinner/Auction are $50, with the net proceeds going to the ThyCa Research Funds.
FREE AIRPORT TRANSPORATION TO AND FROM THE HOTEL
Free Denver Airport Shuttle
The DoubleTree offers complimentary shuttle service to their guests to and from Denver International Airport (DEN).
Shuttle FROM Denver International Airport
Hours: 7 days a week from 5:15 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.*
Pick up times: Every 30 minutes (15 and 45 minutes after every hour)
- Proceed towards Baggage Claim Carousel 15 (West Terminal)
- Go through Door 508
- Cross the street to Island 3 for Hotel Shuttle Pickup
* If you are arriving before 7:45 a.m., please call the hotel at (303) 321-3333 for pick-up.
Shuttle TO Denver International Airport
Hours: 7 days a week from 4:30am to Midnight
- Pick up times: Every 30 minutes (Top and bottom of every hour)
- Each guest must reserve a seat on the day prior to departure with our Guest Services desk located in the Main Lobby by the entrance doors.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE HOTEL
- From Denver International Airport (16 miles): Exit Denver International Airport via Pena Blvd to I-70 West. Exit I-70 to Quebec Street South (exit 278). Continue on Quebec Street to Martin Luther King Blvd. Hotel is on the northwest corner (right side).
- From Downtown Denver: Take Stout Street to Martin Luther King Blvd to the corner of Quebec Street and Martin Luther King Blvd.
- From the West:Take I-70 East to Quebec Street South (Exit 278). Take a right onto Quebec Street to Martin Luther King Blvd. Hotel is on the northwest corner (right side).
MORE TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
Train and Bus
Denver is served by both Amtrak and major bus lines. The closest Amtrak station is Denver (Denver Union Station), and is approximately 15 minutes by car to the Doubletree by Hilton Denver.
Taxi Service is available to the hotel from the airport, train or bus stations, or elsewhere in the Denver area.
DISCOUNTS FOR AIR TRAVEL
A wide variety of airlines serve Denver International Airport. In addition to the individual airline web sites, we suggest that you check with online services such as Orbitz, Kayak, and others, for discount airfares
DISCOUNTS FOR AIR TRAVEL
A wide variety of airlines serve Denver International Airport. In addition to the individual airline web sites, we suggest that you check with online services such as www.orbitz.com, www.kayak.com, and others, for discount airfares.
The Denver area has a wide variety of attractions for people of all ages and interests.
Here are a few. Many attractions are free. Some require tickets, so please research in advance.
There’s easy public transportation from the hotel to downtown Denver, the Museum of Nature and Science, City Park, and the Denver Zoo.
The hotel has free shuttles every hour from 4 p.m. to 10:20 p.m. to the shopping centers Northfield Stapleton, Quebec Square, and 29th Avenue Town Center. These have multiple stores and restaurants. Quebec Square and 29th Avenue Town Center are also within walking distance. Northfield has a large movie complex.
Trips to many Denver attractions, Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, the Broadmoor, the Air Force Academy, and other attractions can be managed through Grayline for prices from $35 to $100.
Arts Districts: Denver Art Museum, the Art District on Santa Fe, and South Pearl Street. The Arvada Center for the Arts is 14 miles to the northwest.
Bluff Lake Nature Center. 1 mile east of the hotel
Colorado State Capitol Tour. Free.
Denver Botanic Gardens
Denver Mint/U.S. Mint. Free.
Elitch Gardens Amusement Park
Four-Mile Historic Park
Hammond’s Candy Factory. Free tours. Hammondscandies.com
History Colorado Center
Lo-Do: Lower Downtown. The Aquarium. Plus Larimer Square with gourmet foodshops and boutiques.
Mile High City Culture Pass for admission to numerous attractions. $52.80.
Museum of Nature & Science
National Center for Atmospheric Research. Free. Weather-themed museum.
Nightlife: Denver Center for the Performing Arts (Colorado Symphony, Ellie Caulkins Opera House, theater and Broadway musicals, and ballet), the Paramount Theater, and Lannie’s Clocktower Cabaret.
Colorado Historic Mining Towns, Railroads, and more.
Black Hawk, Central City Opera, Idaho Springs where you can pan for Gold at the Argo Gold Mine & Mill, Georgetown Loop Steam train ride, Guanella Pass Road Scenic & Historic Byway, and the mountain towns of Evergreen and Conifer with hiking trails, dining, and more.
25 minutes from downtown Denver off I-70 West. In this mountain town, explore Old West history, galleries, recreation, and shopping. Includes Red Rocks Amphitheatre, a concert venue; the Colorado Railroad Museum; Astor House Museum, Clear Creek History Park, Golden History Center, Coors Brewery with free routs, and Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave
27 miles northwest of Denver on Highway 36. University of Colorado, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Free Leanin’ Tree Museum collection of Old Wet Art, and the Boulder History Museum, and Celestial Seasonings herbal tea maker with free tours, and Redstone Meadery. Outdoor attractions include the Mount Sanitas Hiking Trail, Chautauqua Park and Trails, and Eldorado Canyon with hiking and picnicking.
A short drive from Denver, the beautiful Rocky Mountains have lots of attractions. These include Rocky Mountain National Park, Trail Ridge Road, Bear Lake Loop around Bear Lake, and the village of Estes Park at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. If there’s snow in the mountains this early, there’s skiing at Copper Mountain, Loveland Ski Area, Keystone Resort, Winter Park Resort, and Vail Resort.