We're delighted to invite you to join us for the 7th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Conference on October 22-24, 2004. The conference takes place at the Hyatt Deerfield Hotel, 1750 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, Illinois, in a northshore suburb of Chicago.
This weekend brings a unique opportunity to learn and share with hundreds of others who understand just what you're going through, whatever your situation with thyroid cancer. We welcome family and friends as well.
We're excited about our terrific variety of speakers. Many of the physicians will lead more than one session. Below you'll find the list of speakers confirmed as of mid-September.
To answer a few questions we've received: Registration opens at 8 a.m. each morning. Sessions begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday and at 9 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Sessions end at 5:15 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 3:30 p.m. on Sunday. At each time period during the day, there are choices of 6 topics, in 6 different meeting rooms.
For an idea of the schedule and range of topics, take a look at last year's program schedule on our web site.
Registration is easy. The registration form is on our web site, in three formats. You may register online, or by mail, or in person at the conference. Walk-in attendees are welcome. Also, people often hear about ThyCa and our conference from friends and family, so please tell your friends and relatives about this unique event.
In addition, we invite you to come to our Research Fundraising Dinner/Auction on Friday evening, October 22. This gala event helps move us toward our dream of a cure for all thyroid cancer. You'll find a preview and the reservation form on our web site.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
ThyCa's Conference Planning Team
Gary Bloom and Cherry Wunderlich, Co-Coordinators;
Allison Hoffman, Jeni Ton, and Jenny Elrod, Chicago Information and Hospitality;
Peggy Melton, Advance Registrar;
Ron Grafman, Treasurer;
M.L. Sprung and Bryan Benesch, Outreach and Planning
Confirmed Speakers as of September 2004
- Joel Amromin, ThyCa Volunteer, CA
- Tina Anders, ThyCa Volunteer, CO
- Peter Angelos, M.D., Ph.D., Surgeon, Northwestern University Medical School,Chicago, IL
- Daniel E. Appelbaum, M.D., Radiologist and Nuclear Medicine Physician, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Betty Lou Barsley-Marra, M.S.Ed., University of IL Extension Educator, Matteson, IL
- Gary Bloom, ThyCa Volunteer, MD
- Alan Braunstein, ThyCa Volunteer, NY
- Sara Gorrell Brenner, ThyCa Volunteer, VA
- Mary K. Debenedetti, R.N., B.S.N., Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Coordinator, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Mark D. DeBofsky, J.D., Attorney, Health Insurance Issues, Daley, DeBofsky & Bryan, Chicago, IL
- Mark Dieterich, M.D., Pathologist, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare-Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL
- Linda Donaldson, ThyCa Volunteer, OH
- Joel B. Epstein, D.M.D., M.S.D., Oral Medicine, Chicago Cancer Center, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Joni Eskenazi, ThyCa Volunteer, WA
- Karen Ferguson, ThyCa Volunteer, NC
- Ron Grafman, ThyCa Volunteer, MD
- Elaine Grant, ThyCa Volunteer, DC
- Evelyn Gross, ThyCa Volunteer, PA
- Jon Guljord, ThyCa Volunteer, FL
- Leah Guljord, ThyCa Volunteer, and Editor, ThyCa Low Iodine Cookbook, FL
- Scott Hagwood, National Memory Champion, Fayetteville, NC
- Jan Halzel, Pharm.D., Pharmacist, CO
- Allison Hoffman, ThyCa Volunteer, IL
- Elizabeth Hubbard, Esq., Attorney, Employment and ADA Issues, Hubbard and O’Connor, Chicago, IL
- Leonard D. Kohn, M.D., Endocrinologist, Ohio University College of Medicine, Athens, OH
- Peter A. Kopp, M.D., Endocrinologist, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Cheri Wallace Lindle, ThyCa Volunteer, OK
- Todd Larson, ThyCa Volunteer, DC
- Rebecca Lord, ThyCa Volunteer, MD
- Andy Madson, Clinical Science Associate, Genzyme Therapeutics, Cambridge, MA
- Donald Margouleff, M.D., Director of Nuclear Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, Long Island, NY
- Ernest L. Mazzaferri, M.D.,M.A.C.P. , Endocrinologist, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Daniel McCarthy, Director of Clinical Affairs, OXiGENE, Inc., Waltham, MA
- Lee Melton, ThyCa Volunteer, TX
- Peggy Melton, ThyCa Volunteer, TX
- Theresa Missey, ThyCa Volunteer, MO
- David Myssiorek, M.D., F.A.C.S., Otolaryngologist, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Kim Samuel, ThyCa Volunteer, NJ
- David H. Sarne, M.D., Endocrinologist, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Nicholas J. Sarlis, M.D., Ph.D., Endocrinologist, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Jan Scheuerman, ThyCa Volunteer, FL
- Arthur Schneider, M.D., Ph.D, Endocrinologist, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Gail Schuler, ThyCa Volunteer, CA
- Pam Schultz, R.N., Ph.D., New Mexico State University School of Nursing, Las Cruces, NM
- Pattie Scott, ThyCa Volunteer, CO
- Robert Smallridge, M.D., Endocrinologist, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Betty Solbjor, ThyCa Webmistress and Reiki Master/Practitioner, MA
- Carole A. Spencer, Ph.D.,F.A.C.B., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Jeni Ton, ThyCa Volunteer, IL
- R. Michael Tuttle, M.D., Endocrinologist, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Clayton Twigg, ThyCa Volunteer, OH
- Rose Twigg, ThyCa Volunteer, OH
- Roy E. Weiss, M.D., Ph.D.,F.A.C.P., Endocrinologist, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Sam Wells, M.D., Surgeon, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Cherry Wunderlich, ThyCa Volunteer, MD
- John R. Wunderlich, M.D., NIH, Bethesda, MD
- Xiulong Xu, Ph.D., Researcher, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL