Click here for PDF version
- Education, communication, support, awareness for early detection, and thyroid cancer research fundraising and research grants.
- Award-winning web site
- More than 850 pages of information about thyroid cancer, support services, and more.
- Downloadable materials in 8 languages: English, Chinese, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
Online Support Groups
Linked through our Web site.
- Thyca - Thyroid Cancer Support Group (mainly Papillary, Follicular, and their variants)
- Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Medullary Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Pediatric Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Advanced Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Long-Term Survivors Support Group
- Love, Loss, & Legacy Support Group
- ThyCa Mental Challenges Support Group
- Childbearing and Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Caregivers Support Group
- ThyCa Young Adults Support Group
- Inspire Online Community
Local Support Groups
- More than 120 in-person support groups in 7 countries
- One-to-one support, matched by diagnosis.
Facebook and Twitter
Toll-Free Survivors’ Telephone Number
Free Regional Workshops
Free Thyroid Cancer Basics booklets, Patient Information Packets, and Pediatric Backpacks
Free Low-Iodine Cookbook
- Downloadable from our Web site and also available as an ePub and in its print edition. Over 420 recipes contributed by more than 200 thyroid cancer survivors and caregivers.
- Free weekly ThyCa Bulletin, plus ThyCa News Notes on the web site, and Membership Messenger. Subscribe to the ThyCa Bulletin through our Guestbook.
Research Funds and Grant Funding
Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month
- September. Free awareness brochures with actress Catherine Bell, and other free materials.
19th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference
19th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors' ConferenceThyCa History
October 21-23, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel, Los Angeles, California
- 1995: Organized first Online Support Group.
- 1996: Organized first Local Support Group.
- 1997: Started first E-Mail Support Group.
- 1998: -Sponsored first annual Survivors’ Conference.
- Established Web site at www.thyca.org.
- Became nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Established Survivors’ Toll-Free Telephone Number.
- Received StudyWeb Academic Excellence Award.
- Started e-mail groups for medullary and anaplastic.
- Started e-mail group for pediatric thyroid cancer.
- Established Medical Advisory Council.
- Organized Person-to-Person Network.
- Established Thyroid Cancer Awareness Week.
- Initiated Member Messenger newsletter.
- Published Low-Iodine Cookbook.
- -Started e-mail group for advanced thyroid cancer.
- Initiated Thyroid Cancer Research Fund.
- Initiated free online newsletter, ThyCa Journeys.
- 2002: Started e-mail groups for caregivers and long-term survivors.
- Funded ThyCa's first thyroid cancer research grant, the first ever funded by patients, families, & friends.
- Initiated Medullary Thyroid Cancer Research Fund.
- -Introduced Thyroid Cancer Awareness Ribbon Pin.
- Started e-mail groups for coping with mental challenges and love, loss, and legacy.
- Expanded Awareness Week to Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, starting in September 2005.
- Introduced Awareness Wristbands and Magnets.
- Developed Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Web site.
- Developed Pediatric Thyroid Cancer Web site.
- Launched Medullary Thyroid Cancer Web site
- Started e-mail group for childbearing and thyroid cancer.
- Started e-mail support group for young adults with thyroid cancer.
- Launched Inspire Online Community
- Launched Twitter presence
- Sponsored 6 free webinars with thyroid cancer experts
- Published 50-page Thyroid Cancer Basics booklet
- Funding comes from membership dues, donations from individuals and organizations, and unrestricted educational grants. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Tax ID #52-2169434
Members and Volunteers
- We welcome new members and volunteers at any time.
- Volunteer opportunities are listed on our web site.
- The Membership page on our web site has the form for joining ThyCa as a one-year member, two-year member, or lifetime member.
How To Contact Us