Click here for PDF version
- Education, communication, support, awareness for early detection, and thyroid cancer research fundraising and research grants.
- Award-winning web site
- More than 700 pages of information about thyroid cancer, support services, and more. Includes materials in Spanish and French.
Online Support Groups
Linked through our Web site.
- Thyca - Thyroid Cancer Support Group (mainly Papillary, Follicular, and their variants)
- Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Medullary Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Pediatric Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Advanced Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Long-Term Survivors Support Group
- Love, Loss, & Legacy Support Group
- ThyCa Mental Challenges Support Group
- Childbearing and Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Caregivers Support Group
- ThyCa Young Adults Support Group
- Inspire Online Community
Local Support Groups
- More than 90 in-person support groups
- One-to-one support, matched by diagnosis.
Facebook and Twitter
Toll-Free Survivors’ Telephone Number
Free Regional Workshops
Free Thyroid Cancer Basics booklets, Patient Information Packets, and Pediatric Backpacks
Free Low-Iodine Cookbook
- Downloadable from our Web site. Over 250 recipes contributed by more than 100 thyroid cancer survivors.
- Free online ThyCa Journeys, plus Membership Messenger newsletter.
Research Funds and Grant Funding
Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month
- September. Free awareness brochures with actress Catherine Bell, and other free materials.
15th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference
- 13th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Conference
October 14-16, 2012
Eaglewood Resort & Spa, Itasca, Illinois
- 1995: Organized first Online Support Group.
- 1996: Organized first Local Support Group.
- 1997: Started first E-Mail Support Group.
- 1998: -Sponsored first annual Survivors’ Conference.
- Established Web site at www.thyca.org.
- Became nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Established Survivors’ Toll-Free Telephone Number.
- Received StudyWeb Academic Excellence Award.
- Started e-mail groups for medullary and anaplastic.
- Started e-mail group for pediatric thyroid cancer.
- Established Medical Advisory Council.
- Organized Person-to-Person Network.
- Established Thyroid Cancer Awareness Week.
- Initiated Member Messenger newsletter.
- Published Low-Iodine Cookbook.
- -Started e-mail group for advanced thyroid cancer.
- Initiated Thyroid Cancer Research Fund.
- Initiated free online newsletter, ThyCa Journeys.
- 2002: Started e-mail groups for caregivers and long-term survivors.
- Funded ThyCa's first thyroid cancer research grant, the first ever funded by patients, families, & friends.
- Initiated Medullary Thyroid Cancer Research Fund.
- -Introduced Thyroid Cancer Awareness Ribbon Pin.
- Started e-mail groups for coping with mental challenges and love, loss, and legacy.
- Expanded Awareness Week to Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, starting in September 2005.
- Introduced Awareness Wristbands and Magnets.
- Developed Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Web site.
- Developed Pediatric Thyroid Cancer Web site.
- Launched Medullary Thyroid Cancer Web site
- Started e-mail group for childbearing and thyroid cancer.
- Started e-mail support group for young adults with thyroid cancer.
- Launched Inspire Online Community
- Launched Twitter presence
- Sponsored 6 free webinars with thyroid cancer experts
- Published 50-page Thyroid Cancer Basics booklet
- Funding comes from membership dues, donations from individuals and organizations, and unrestricted educational grants. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Tax ID #52-2169434
Members and Volunteers
- We welcome new members and volunteers at any time.
- Volunteer opportunities are listed on our web site.
- The Membership page on our web site has the form for joining ThyCa as a one-year member, two-year member, or lifetime member.
How To Contact Us