Free New York Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop with Four Physician Speakers Planned for June 15, 201905/2019
Manhasset, NY, May 19, 2019— Four physicians specializing in endocrinology, nuclear medicine, and surgery, plus more speakers will headline the upcoming New York Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop, on Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Northwell at North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, New York.
This FREE event is sponsored by the nonprofit ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. Sessions will meet in Tower Conference Rooms 1-3 on the First Floor of the Tower Pavilion.
“This free educational and supportive event is open to the public,” says Abby Melendez, Workshop Coordinator and Facilitator of the ThyCa Long Island Support Group, the host group. “Everyone interested in thyroid cancer invited to learn from experts and take part in discussion roundtables with other thyroid cancer survivors and families. We welcome patients, caregivers, their friends, and health care professionals.”
Attendees are invited to come for all or part of the day. Walk-in attendees are welcome, or register online in advance on the ThyCa Conferences/Workshops page.
- Deirdre Cocks Eschler, M.D., Endocrinologist, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY
- Donald Margouleff, M.D., Nuclear Medicine Physician Emeritus, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY; ThyCa Medical Advisor
- David Myssiorek, M.D., Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist-Otolaryngologist/ENT, Bronxcare Health System, Bronx, NY; ThyCa Medical Advisor
- Gene Tronco, M.D., Nuclear Medicine Physician, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY, and Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Nina Triolo, Yoga Instructor
- Plus Martha Griffin, Thyroid Cancer Care Collaborative, and Quinn O’Malley, Research Associate, both with THANC Foundation, New York
In addition, discussion roundtables will be led by thyroid cancer survivors and caregivers.
Hosting this free event is the ThyCa Long Island Support Group, facilitated by Abby Melendez for more than 17 years.
Visit ThyCa’s Conferences page for more details, including the workshop flyer and free online registration. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or phone 516-608-5113.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is an international nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals, serving people worldwide since 1995 and advised by more than 50 internationally recognized thyroid cancer specialists. For information and free materials, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; write to PO Box 1102, Olney, MD 20830-1102; call toll-free 1-877-588-7904; or visit our website.